a friend of mine (Hey Jen!) did this 2012 reflection and I thought it was pretty nifty…so I decided try my own.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Shot a gun
Ran a 5K
Ran 2 5Ks
Travelled to Europe for pleasure
Lead a missions trip.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes! My resolution/goal was to get healthy and lose weight…and I did!
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! My church is a baby making machine!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Italy, Spain, France, England, Holland & Mexico.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Kindness towards my family.
Some dates. (and not of the fruit variety)
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
September 15, 2012 – I lost 100 pounds.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
not sure…not that i don’t fail at stuff…i just can’t pinpoint one thing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, but through some dietary changes it seems to be getting better.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New, properly fitting running shoes.
A seat cushion for spin class. Makes a WORLD of difference.
12. Where did most of your money go?
clothes. a fun problem to have when you lose weight.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Visiting the Harry Potter Studios in England. (i was probably a little too excited about it…but it was awesome.)
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Some Nights by fun.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
thinner or fatter?
thinner…cannot believe it. !
richer or poorer?
poorer…but only in money, not in friends and family. I’m definitely richer there.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
In New York City with my family and in Orlando FL with my extended family.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Project Runway (regular and all stars)
Survivor (I know)
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Bossypants by Tina Fey
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
fun., the lumineers, mumford & sons, adele
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
(I know there were others but I’m having a hard time remembering what they were!)
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
29 – Went out to dinner with my family at Agave…so yummy. The day before some friends took me out for Sushi (may fave) and to a shooting range! It was so fun!
24. What’s one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having more of my support raised …but I still made good strides in it.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
whatever fits/preppy hipster.
26. What kept you sane?
My Fitness Pal.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
That I’m not in control. And God will give me the grace to handle ANY circumstance/challenge when I’m ready.