last year I reflected on 2012 here
. It was a real good exercise for me so I thought I would do it again…
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Ran a 10K
Travelled to Seattle & Alaska
Went on a zip line!
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly can’t remember what my resolution was! I do want to make some this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes – my friends are really good parents.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico, Canada & Spain
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 15 – Kate surprised me for my birthday party
July 4 – ran the peachtree
October 28 – started at apostles
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably finishing the peachtree….and making some really good gluten free/vegan cinnamon rolls.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I can’t think of one in particular but I prefer to not think of things as failures but more as opportunities to learn and grow.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, it’s better but I have a feeling I will be dealing with side effects from it for a while.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Foam massage roller.
12. Where did most of your money go?
Food – whole clean gluten free vegan eating can be expensive. ;)
13. What did you get really excited about?
visiting the pacific northwest, alaska and canada.
14. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Beautiful Things by Gungor
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder?
thinner or fatter?
for better or worse…the same
richer or poorer?
richer…in a lot of ways but poorer in some ways too
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Enjoying the moment
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Trying to please others
18. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents house, in my jammies, cooking in the kitchen…it was delightful.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Sherlock, Call the Midwives, Downton Abbey
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Grace for the Good Girl by Emily Freeman
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
Andrew Peterson – Light for the Lost Boy
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Saving Mr. Banks
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
30!! Boy was this a birthday to remember.
On my actual birthday I was in spain and spent it on a winery tour then out to dinner with my GYFM team.
Then a few weeks later I was surprised by my family who flew my best friend from Australia in for my birthday party. It was wonderful!
24. What’s one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not letting certain things conquer me. sorry to be so vague.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Whatever I think is cute/not worrying what other’s think!
26. What kept you sane?
a good friend.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
That I’m not in control. And God will give me the grace to handle ANY circumstance/challenge when I’m ready.