Europe Area Retreat 2013 – a picture of God’s faithfulness
It’s hard to believe that the area retreat has come and gone! But what a retreat it was! From start to finish we saw the Lord’s hand in this retreat. This was a smaller retreat for us (only 20 students in the middle and high school group) but that provided for some really neat times of fellowship with the students. It was so cool to walk into the restaurant at meal times and see ALL of the students sitting at one big long table enjoying their meal together.
I had asked for specific prayer for certain things. Here are those items and how the Lord answered them.
- All of the last minute prep went great and we were well prepared when we got there. Praise Him!
- This was OK. I had good days and bad days but over all I was able to manage fine. I could not have done it with out the support of our youth team and your prayers. Thank you!
- With only minor hiccups here and there our team all made it to Spain and home safe and sound. Thank you Lord!
- Loved our team! We had such a great time with everyone and where able to gel well so we could serve well.
- We saw some really neat things happen in the lives of the students. I believe that the Lord will use this retreat as a turning point in many of the student’s walks. Thank you Lord for beginning to stir their hearts even before the retreat started.
- It is a joy and privilege to serve those who serve. Thank you Lord for this opportunity.
Here are a few comments from the student’s evaluations.
“Complete this sentence: “For me, this area retreat has been…” “
- Spiritual growth, time to hang with friends.
- Refreshing and encouraging.
- Amazing in so many ways.
- The best yet!
- A blessing and relief.
- Friggin sweet! Awesomeness with extra chocolate sauce. (I had to include it!)
Top of paragraph – some of the girls from the youth program after the day off.
Above – One of our large group meetings | A map showing where all the students are from | Fun times with friends | Playing “ninja” on the beach.
So how’s my support coming?
The Lord is faithful to me. I am at 58% of my needed support. I am continuing to have opportunities to share with churches and individuals. Those are going well but to be honest with you….I feel like I’m in a bit of a dry spell. My support percentage has not really increased and I am feeling like I am running out of people to share with. I know it’s not going to happen overnight but I would appreciate your prayers for encouragement, diligence, increased opportunities to share about GYFM and movement in my support account.
As I set down the path towards being fully supported by June of 2013 I would love for you to pray about participating in my “50@75″ campaign. If the Lord provided 50 new pledges at $75 a month I would be at 100%. This could be a new supporter, it could be a current supporter or church who increases their pledge or someone could take up two of those spots if they’d like. I trust the Lord is going to provide for my needed support in His timing but will you pray for my 50@75 campaign? I need 36 more people pledging at $75 or more a month. Thank you for praying for me during this season.
What else is going on?
While in spain I turned 30! It was a WONDERFUL day! I felt so loved as I was showered with cards and hugs while at the retreat. If you are going to turn 30 being in spain with 300 missionaries is not a bad place to spend it. It happened to be the day off at the retreat on by birthday so I was able to go on a winery tour which was really cool! Then that evening my GYFM took me out for a delicious dinner with a view of the ocean. It was the best day!
On May 17th my family is throwing me a big 30th birthday shindig! I’m really looking forward to celebrating with friends and family. if you are in the area let me know! I’d love for you to come!!
This past Saturday I had the pleasure of witnessing 10 of our MTW MK’s graduate from Covenant College! It was so fun to get to see them walk across the stage and congratulate them on their hard work. Way to go!
My health issues are ongoing but becoming more manageable which I am thankful for. It seems my issues are chronic but can be managed through dietary changes. While those are challenging sometimes I’m having fun learning how to alter what I eat to suit my new needs and trying lots of new food options.
Thank you so much for your prayers for me!! I can’t tell you how much it means to me to know that you are lifting me up and ministering along side me through prayer. Y’all are awesome!!
Please pray for…
- Continued provision of my needed support.
- For patience as I wait to hear from folks I have followed up with.
- That the Lord would bring new potential supporters to mind.
- That I would juggle support raising, GYFM team responsibilties and church responsibilities well.
- Managing health issues.
Praise Him for…
- 58% Support Raised!
- A great Area Retreat
Please let me know if you are interested in partnering with me & the Global Youth & Family Ministries.
You can download my prayer card here and fill out the commitment card on the back.You can make an on-line pledge or donation here.
Or send a check to MTW
PO Box 116284 Atlanta GA 30368
Please include my name and account number #10660 in the memo line.
Team members Brooks and Riva Cain depart for Japan!
My 30th Birthday party!
July 9 – July 20
GYFM Team Retreat, Re-entry & Summer Conference at Ridge Haven
Be in Touch
There’s lot’s of ways to get in touch with me!
2770 Durham Dr
Atlanta, GA 30319
My Aunt Barbara got married! here she is kicking back in her cowboy boots after the ceremony! It was so fun to celebrate with her!
Family birthday celebration before we left for spain.
Atlanta in the spring time is just gorgeous!
My church hosts a Seder Dinner every year…I was involved in the planning of it this year. It’s one of my favorite things we do. And yummy to boot!